History Of Ludmilla Primary School
The name Ludmilla is derived from Ludmilla Holtze, the daughter of Maurice Holtze the curator of Palmerston Public Gardens, who came to Darwin in 1817. The nearby Ludmilla Creek and suburb were named after her.
Senator Carrick, Federal Minister for Education officially opened the school in 1967.
In 1974, Ludmilla Primary School was a major shelter for the entire Darwin area after Cyclone Tracy. It was one of the few buildings in the region to withstand the category 4 cyclone and remain almost fully functional.
Today, Ludmilla Primary School shares its boundaries with Nemarluk School, NT School of languages.
In 2017 the school celebrated its 50th year anniversary.